TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The National Cancer Institute is using its Cancer Research Ideas platform to solicit ideas from patients, caregivers, and patient advocates; health professionals including physicians, nurses, and patient navigators; technology innovators and information publishers—anyone with an interest and a passion to improve access to information about clinical trials. Ideas will help the National Cancer Institute make cancer clinical trials information easier to find and use.
Acceptable Use Policy
While we welcome a broad range of ideas, ideas submitted that are clearly unrelated to the purpose of the Cancer Research Ideas platform will be removed by moderators. Also, ideas that include the following will be removed:
- Phone numbers, email addresses, information related to health and medical conditions, or other sensitive/personally identifiable information
- Material that would infringe copyrights or other intellectual property
- Vulgar, profane, or abusive language; personal attacks of any kind; inappropriate religious, sexual, political, or racial references
- Threats or incitements to violence
- Information posted in violation of the law, including defamatory material, material condoning or encouraging illegal activity, material revealing classified information, or comments that might affect the outcome of ongoing legal proceedings
- Endorsement of commercial products, services, or entities
- Spam and other direct marketing communications, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any links to such materials
- Endorsement of political parties, candidates, or groups
- Solicitations of funds
- Executable programming of any kind, including viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, Easter eggs, or any other form of computer programming files
- Duplicate posts
You grant to NCI and its designees a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid-up, and royalty-free license to use any ideas, expression of ideas including works describing them, or other materials you submit to NCI (collectively, "Idea") for research and noncommercial purposes only, including advancing the goals of the Cancer Research Ideas platform.
You understand that NCI may be working on the same or a similar Idea, that it may already know of such Idea from other sources, that it may simply wish to develop this (or a similar Idea) on its own, or that it may have taken/will take some other action with respect to the Idea. In return for NCI’s review and consideration of your Idea, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to the terms enumerated below, and further agree that these terms shall apply to any additional material previously or later submitted, until such time as the NCI otherwise agrees in writing:
- To the best of your knowledge, the Idea represents your own original work, you have all necessary rights to disclose the Idea to NCI, and NCI review and/or use of the Idea will not infringe another’s rights.
- You understand that disclosure of your Idea to NCI does not establish a confidential relationship or obligate NCI to treat the Idea (or any related materials) as secret or confidential.
- You understand that NCI has no obligation, either express or implied, to develop or use your idea and that no compensation is due to you or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use of that Idea, related Ideas, or Ideas derived from your Idea. You understand that NCI assumes no obligation with respect to any Idea unless and until the NCI enters into a written contract with you, and then only as expressed in that contract. For your own protection, we assume that you will rely on whatever patent protection you may want to secure, or have already secured, in your Idea. In the case that NCI might want to use your Idea commercially, it may seek a negotiated commercial license from You.
Access to Cancer Research Ideas Platform
The NCI uses IdeaScale as the platform for Cancer Research Ideas Platform to engage the cancer community in providing input on various topics. Although visitors may read the submitted questions and comments without registering for an IdeaScale account, visitors who want to contribute questions or comments, follow questions, receive e-mail alerts, or use other site features must create an account. To create an account, you must provide the following information: name, e-mail address, ZIP code, whether you are registering as part of an organization, and password. Your e-mail address will not be visible to the public, and NCI does not collect, maintain, disclose, or share any information about the registered IdeaScale users.
Please note:Questions and comments submitted to Cancer Research Ideas are public. As such, please do not include any personal information. If you do not wish to create an account, you can submit your ideas to NCI via e-mail.